Why Buy Used Auto Parts?
There are a number of benefits to buying used car parts rather than new, remanufactured or aftermarket.
- Saves you money - used auto parts can cost up to 75% less than new parts and are reliable.
- Are dependable and safe.
- Buying used car parts from automotive recyclers puts quality Factory Original parts back on your car. Unlike remanufactured or aftermarket parts, recycled parts are guaranteed to fit.
- Are easy to buy - you can buy online or by phone and have it shipped to your home or repair shop in as few as 3 business days.
- Choosing recycled auto parts decreases insurance rates by enabling insurance companies to recover their losses by selling their totaled vehicles to the auto recyclers.
- Helps keep the environment clean - by recycling and reusing car & truck parts instead of throwing them in a landfill.
Automotive recycling serves a vital role in preserving natural resources and reducing the demand for scarce landfill space. For example, this $20 billion industry recycles over 6 million motor vehicles annually (in the U.S. and Canada alone), thereby saving an estimated 85 million barrels of oil that would otherwise be used in the manufacture of new replacement parts. Additional energy and resource conservation is realized by recycling rebuildable "core" parts to the automotive parts rebuilding industry.
In addition to conserving natural resources, automotive recycling plays an important role in reducing air and water pollution, and solid waste generation. Automotive recyclers must abide by stringent local and national regulations on dealing with waste generated by recycled automobiles. Many individual automotive recyclers have also instituted their own unique programs to further reduce the potential effects of harmful materials to their businesses and communities.